Customer required a low profile automatic pump system that would collect waste water in a primary reservoir and have it pump to a secondary reservoir. No electricity was available so an all pneumatic solution was required.
An air operated double diaphragm pump was specified which included an integral water reservoir. Pneumatic liquid level sensing controls enabled full on-off automatic control when the demand for pumping would occur.
The customer avoided considerable expense if they had to install a floor drainage system to drain off the waste water.
Customer had a plumbing nightmare along with excess leaks causing down time, lost production and safety concerns.
A PKP Solutution Provider removed all the old hose assemblies, rebuilt the cylinders and replumbed the machine to like-new condition.
The improvements that were made increased throughput which increased productivity. There was significantly less down time due to elimination of leaks. The customer and their associates were very pleased with the outcome and invited PKP back in to help in other areas.
Customer had an aging hydraulic power unit (HPU); it had several leaks and was running at an unusually high temperature. The unit had several components from Europe that were no longer available, so the customer was living with the leaks.
We were contacted to provide a quote to replace the existing HPU. After an onsite visit to better understand the application, several key issues were discovered:
The HPU was used to actuate four cylinders, two cylinders per roll. The rolls were put into place, cylinders extended on Monday morning and sometimes left until Saturday afternoon before the cylinders were retracted. This meant the HPU was constantly running 24/7 to hold the rolls in place from Monday morning to Saturday afternoon.
Playtex/Energizer was looking for ways to reduce their energy consumption.
The HPU design is a blend of technologies using conventional hydraulics, air over oil and AC drives.
This blend of technology effectively resulted in:
- Synchronized motion of the actuators associated with the upper and lower rolls
- Maintained system operating pressure up to 1,600+ PSIG with the conventional hydraulic power unit turned off.
- This solution is completely green and will not require any heat management equipment or controls.
- Will virtually eliminate the cost of operation during normal use, yielding greater group profitably and predictable ROI. It is estimated that the energy savings will pay for the HPU in less than 15 months.
- All the manifold threads for pressure, tank and work ports are SAE o-ring, eliminating many potential leak points. All cartridges used in the system are of standard design and will exhibit leak free performance up to 5,000 PSIG.
The customer wanted to make a 1970's designed annealing machine more reliable and less labor intensive.
PKP transformed the old design of a tube type, micro-switch relay logic machine and updated to today's solid state hardware.
The customer has taken the labor from 5 hours per 8 hour shift down to just 10 minutes for the entire shift. The parts have now been to specification 100% of the time.